July 18, 2010

my clutch...

okay girls...
this post is for you...

so I was watching SYTYCD
{taped by the way}
and they used this song...
"Boogie Shoes" in one of the dances

it got me thinking about how much I love the song
because this song is in one of my favorite clutch "girl movies"

I have my action "clutch" movies
I watch
{Bourne series, Italian Job, Kickboxer}

{clutch: meaning the movies you can watch a 1,000 times and never get sick of...}

 I've also got my clutch "girl" movies I turn to especially when Bobby is gone

The Wedding Date
is one of them
{with Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney}
for some reason I never tire of it...

and so I thought of that movie as "Boogie Shoes" was playing the other night
it made me laugh
because that is one of my clutch movies
and this song

well it got me thinkin'
it sure did...
not only do I have my clutch movies
I've got my clutch shoes

I think I have found them this spring and summer
I never tire of them


they make me happy
as soon as I put those shoes on sometimes I feel myself instantly smile
and stand with my shoulders back a little bit more
{one of the things I'm supposed to be working on}


if I'm having a not so great day
yep...
these are the shoes I turn to
without a doubt...the problem solvers...
or "the make your day kinda shoes" on a great day already


I dress them up with a cute dress
or down with jeans
and shorts

these shoes never fail me...

I know confidence comes from the inside
but I'm going to be honest here
sometimes we need to just "put the confidence on" some days and carry forward

we all have certain outfits...
certain shoes...
that perfect shirt...
that just makes you feel great

mine are the shoes

they are fun...
just girly enough for me
they match nearly everything I have
soooo comfortable I may add...

not that it necessarily means anything that they are comfortable, right?
we've all gone through nights of heck to wear those perfect shoes


and the most important part...
when I stand next to Bobby in these shoes
I'm the exact same height or maybe...
just maybe
a 1/2 inch taller

he used to love these shoes
but when I noticed that...
maybe not quite so fond anymore

so if we are in a picture together and I have these shoes on
he stands on his tip toes
or has me sit down

now why would he do that?
just kidding


but I've got to tell you girls....
I told you this post was for you...

I took some fun pictures in these shoes just for you
I seriously cannot believe I did this
because I normally run from the camera if my face or any part of me that you can tell is me
is in the picture

but I had some fun...
it took me doing this to get there
getting in the zone....{chuckle}


but I did it...

because it's okay to have fun and be silly
and still be you!



drum roll...







you ready....








I'm so nervous....








but it felt so freeing.....









now I'm just showing you one here...
other than that...
no more
it would be too much for me {chuckle}

I'm telling you it's the shoes:)
I couldn't have done it without them

if you've seen the movie this picture may be funnier
because they have one fun Bachelorette get together....
except I didn't sport the golf outfit and heals...
in case you are wondering...
it was raining quite hard...
I'm not sweating in all the above pics:)
even though yes...I've already told you I'm a sweater...

tonight...is a girls night...
the only plans that were not cancelled this weekend
our date night was cancelled
wasn't able to see a good friend on Friday because of flights...
but I'll see her in a few weeks here:)
but the rain has parted and these plans aren't going to change tonight
and I'll be wearing these shoes
with a summer dress
and having a grand time at an outdoor theatre...
I'm so excited I don't even know what we are seeing and don't even really care
because how can you not have fun, right?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! I love it! What a great post and FABULOUS shoes! xoxo

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, I am rolling!! Martha, this is the most creative post ever. Personally, my feet haven't seen heels since high-school graduation, but girl, you can totally pull those off!! And I LOVE all the pictures. Just darling! Allison just came up and wanted an explanation as to what I was listening to and looking at. She then said, "Did Martha WRITE this song about her shoes?" :) Should I give you credit? Tee Hee!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Work it, girl.
I love those shoes!!!!!!

Shannon said...

I love your shoes they are too cute. The Wedding Date is a great movie, Dermot Mulroney is pretty dreamy in it too ;)

Shannan Martin said...

Swoony shoes! I would be a GIANT in them, though. You look smashing in your Brave pics and I hope you have a ball tonight!

Jacki said...

Those shoes were made for you! Not everyone can pull those off with such grace and beauty. I tis funny how favorite shoes, whether tennis shoes or fancy ones you could wear over and over a thousand times and feel good. You appear to have much fun in those pics!

Kristin said...

oh.my.*smile* martha girl you are absolutely adorable...those shoes wouldn't be so freeing to any old soul...it takes a freeing soul to begin with girl!!
*love* it!!

Blondiensc said...

you are just darling!!! you go in your shoes girlie! love them!

Faded Plains said...

You are just too cute...and so are the shoes!

paige said...

martha girl, you are the cutest thing ever!
i love it!!
& i love those shoes. love!