August 6, 2009

Ribbit....Ribbit...

Errand day...to get some necessities in the house since it has been neglected by me for a couple of weeks...but Madison earned her reward...so I took her Hallmark....Bobby surprised me with a Willow Tree "celebrating" figure when I earned the trip...which I adore Willow Tree figures! Anyway...he saw they had frogs for sale there! I thought "Perfect!!!!" for her reward...well actually it was more so a bribe for this week about something...but it worked! If my parents are reading this they know EXACTLY what for and agree this was necessary...she wasn't acting out or being bad or anything like that...we just needed her to stop being stubborn about something...(she is already potty trained so it's not that either:)

Anyhoo....I didn't make it there yesterday as promised...so we went today...she was so excited...although I thought "for sure" she would pick the blue...but EVERYTHING is getting pink now-a-days...whatever she liked was okay by me! The owner of that Hallmark...which is my VERY favorite one...lives right down the street from us...she was so kind to help walk us out because Hayley was meltdown city for some sort of reason...well...I know she wanted out to see the frogs...but that would have been horrid...a 1-year-old and a frog display would not have mixed well:)
When we got home...we went over the "rules" for it like no picking it up or telling Hayley to do so as well...then I asked her what she would like to name her frogs....."Ribbit....and...Ribbit" she says....my same little girl who has named Lion "Lion" and her 2nd stuffed monkey "Monkey"....she loves it! As she was coloring in her room with it she says "Mommy! I got you a surprise...." "What's that Madison?" "Chocolate...she says...but just a little bite!" ...very funny!
Hayley was having a melt down...as soon as I had her strapped in her seat she then dropped her "Baby!" [side note: no I wasn't driving when taking this picture...we were still in the parking lot...with the car parked]....she was frantic that it dropped right in front of her....I would say all of a sudden this week...she has grown VERY attached to the "baby." It is so cute how she says "Baby" but Baby has to sit with her at breakfast, lunch, dinner....She hasn't really attached herself to something yet that she had to have...she had stuffed animals she liked...but this is the first she will not part with right now...
We just won't send her to the store with Daddy and the "baby"...or the baby may have an ending like Madison's "Mr. B" [B for banana~ her monkey that we never were able to find a duplicate:(]....hope you skipped that part Bobby...:) But it was the first baby given to her so kind of neat she loves it so much. Can you tell she also didn't like me taking a picture of her with my phone? That made her extra upset....we had a BLAST on the car ride home with her melt down continuing too....with Madison telling Hayley to stop crying too...which made me laugh a little.
Blessings from all of us....and looking forward to Daddy coming home to meet Ribbit and Ribbit!

1 comment:

Amanda Bruss said...

Ahhh I love it!! I adore Frogs!!! That is (whenver we finally get it done) the theme for the girls room!!! And hayley just needs her macey fix!! hee hee :) that is so sweet zayda was about that age when she got attached to her first baby. Now its of course all about the blanky...