August 17, 2009

A little of this...a little of that...

What do you know...a little behind in updates...but since the dress post...I don't really feel like I have anything to say...well of course my kiddos have some cute stories...but nothing really exciting to post...so here we go...just a little of this...and a little of that...
You know it is bad when...and I really stink at putting away laundry when...

I am getting Hayley dressed for the day and ask Madison to help me out by getting a clean pair of underwear for herself...she walks straight into my bedroom to look for a pair in the clean laundry on the floor rather than her drawer in her room....I just about died when I saw her walk into my room and grab them and made me feel kind of bad that I never seem to get the laundry put away...but then I remember I am pretty good about having clean laundry...that part I always get done which is the most important. She then tells me..."I can't find a pair Mommy..." Oh I about died all over again because I certainly knew in all that laundry she had to have some clean...and she did....can't blame her for not being able to find any though...

I keep telling Bobby...you know I could quite possibly have the energy to keep up with the laundry if we got rid of that stinkin' bed in our bedroom that I cannot stand....yah right...I don't foresee that in the near future:)...but I dream right? I thought it was worth a shot mentioning it though...I cannot complain too much since it is really nice to have a bigger bed since I seem to take up most of the room when I sleep...it's just not either of our styles...it's a bit too dramatic and bold for us...I am slowly trying to freshen up our bedroom so I have a relaxing place in our house to go to at night...especially when Bobby travels.

Over the weekend we did an impromtu stop at a Pet Store that Bobby has never been to on Sunday....we usually take the girls to Pets Mart in our town when we pick up Cadence's food to just look at the birds, fish, and whatever else they may have that day...but this one has a ton of different animals. We are just looking around...when an employee asks if we are doing okay. Madison starts saying something to us or him...I cannot even remember who she was talking to and she completely flashes him by lifting her dress up...Madison gets so fidgety sometimes and cannot stand still...my face turned red because it was a complete flash...of course Bobby stands there and doesn't say a word acting like it didn't happen...the employee (kid) just didn't know what in the heck to do and thankfully walked away...while I reminded Madison that dress lifting is not appropriate [in a nice way...she didn't mean to do it obviously...]

So I have an itch to completely redo a dresser in our bedroom. I want it to look worn, beachy, maybe a little bit of color ~ a beachy color ~ so I think that may be my new project I would like to do for fun. I have never done it before but would LOVE to do it myself...I am not quite sure in the details ~ it is a small little dresser that used to be my Dad's when he was younger so I would like to keep it just update it and change the hardware...our room is brown, tan, and a pacific wave color so I would LOVE more color...so I have looked up these colors...can you help me choose? It may be my week project to do at night when Bobby is out of town next...darn...shouldn't have mentioned that in case he reads this...SURPRISE honey!

So I have also read to sand....prime the dresser...and that Benjamin Moore paint works the best on dressers because it doesn't chip when giving it that worn look when sanding again...but do I put anything over the color to protect the paint? Anyway...these colors will go in our bedroom...which do you like best? I cannot decide to go between a tan or cream color or do an actual color....because we have an almost pacific wave color in our bedroom right now...with tan...

So I am not quite sure how to share the colors...but these are the names that speak to me in colors...that would match...no I am not just choosing the colors by the names but what colors would potentially go~ the names kind of help to imagine, right?....white sand...timid white...pont beach...Onyx White...Spring Breeze...Antigua Aqua...Tropical Paradise...if you are commenting on what color please don't take the time to look them up...I know that would be ridiculous......but what do you think we should we do...a color...or cream...tan...etc?

So another reason why I really have this itch for the dresser...yes it is because I want to slowly update our bedroom...since it is the last room of the house we have done anything with...but also because I definitely used poor judgment with myself. My husband calls me an "idiot" over it. I called him a "genius" though:) I kept running on a hurt leg and now I cannot do ANY running right now...I told him I need some frustration out with a project...no running = no mental peace for mommy...in which also I got called c.r.a.n.k.y. yesterday in which I said "hey" jokingly...he responded "well...you called yourself that already." In which I wanted to respond I wouldn't be so "c.r.a.n.k.y" if my husband wouldn't take off running right in front of me...while I grudgingly had to walk...My husband then says....you know I just got off the injured list...and haven't been able to run for weeks now....which he has a point and very true...and I was running then but actually not right in front of him...he's out of town or at work...hee..hee...hee...but all in all a fair response by him....but then I replied well at least I wasn't an "idiot" and golfed with a sore chest muscle and put in our ice maker which could have cracked his rib because he really strained that muscle there....wait....I was just as much an "idiot" as he wasn't I? So....I have been icing my quad and now my hamstring since I was running on a hurt quad for a week or so and strained my hamstring now because I was so smart you know...even I hate to say it but walking the other day made it worse....ugghhhh....I have had worse injuries before so I should know better and listen to my dad and husband...ice and rest...because I rather be running even when most of the time I have to tell the girls to knock it off from bothering each other or getting in each other's space...I definitely would rather have this scenario below than no running at all....
And really this scenario too because they actually love running with me in the morning...precisely why I probably hurt myself since I do target quite a few hills on my run....and pushing 60 pounds including the stroller and the girls up the hills I do know is how I did it because I continually did the hills while it hurt...real smart you are thinking...right? I know...you can call me an "idiot" too...but it is still worth it because they love it, and I love it with them:) First thing this morning Madison says to me...."I want to go running Mommy...." "I can't today Madison" I told her. She responded "Yes you can...just very carefully...." was that not cute or what...I love that time with them though...even when I have to say "knock it off girls."
The sad part is...I don't think I can do the dresser project this week...but if I precisely pick out the color I want...I was thinking since it would be a relatively cheap update in our bedroom to be honest...I could do the project maybe this weekend....and even maybe my husband would give me a "how to sand" properly lesson for the dresser...hint...hint...Bobby:)

I promise I won't mention not running again because I know you don't want to read it or hear it again...but the blog is partially about us...and two injured parents makes for a funny time together since we are both so smart to listen to one another...

Blessings from all of us !!!! Some favorite moments of last week...

Sweet Madison took naps this week...and oh she is a sweater too...but I haven't taken a sleeping picture in quite awhile...just it was so sweet to me...just one of those moments...even though I will be looking forward to Mondays in the fall because I won't have any kiddos since they both will be at school...I am still going to miss them...Hayley first thing in the morning....eating one of her favorite fruits...bananas...you can see how excited she was about it...love it...So...Hayley coloring...I have tried so many times to have her sit to color...but all she ever wants to do is eat the crayons...I needed something for her to do while I cooked dinner...so I thought I would try these crayons that were fun....plus it only has the point of the crayons sticking out...so I thought less she could eat, right?...she did a really great picture on our refrigerator...still ate some of the crayon...but nonetheless did the best with these crayons...it's funny the difference between even children of the same sex...Hayley I have to continually figure out ways for her not to get into things...(like her Daddy:) and ways to not eat crayons...she keeps me on my toes...

No comments: