August 19, 2009

THE BET....and it's for a dollar....

After Bobby came home from his work trip last time....he hadn't shaved and was just too tired to do it since he got home at 2:00 from a delayed flight and usually gets up at 5:00 to leave for work...so he just didn't shave...no complaints from me because I like him if he doesn't just as much as when he does shave ~handsome either way (mentioned in our anniversary post). Someone from his work kidded with him if he was growing a beard...well that is how the bet all started {AND with me also liking that little bit of scruffiness on my husband...I'll be honest I have been encouraging him too since I know it is hard on him...it has been interesting to see day to day with him...}.

I wanted to give his family a little peek at what their son {or brother} looks like with a beard...it's funny because his sister and mother would say "shave it off already"....and I say "keep it...just a bit longer"...for now that is...because I know Bobby isn't a big fan...

Anyway ~ he was bet a dollar he wouldn't actually grow a beard because they just know how he typically is...now when he told me he was challenged with a bet I said he definitely should do it...so he has gotten some encouragement from me since I know he is ready to trim it off. It is all about the challenge {for both of us} ~ I want to help him win...so for a dollar or not ~ I think my husband looks terrific and really like it on him!
I asked him yesterday if he was getting closer to what "winning" would be with whom he made the bet with...I guess he was told "not quite yet"...which is driving Bobby crazy because he is ready to trim it off...

In order to get some shots of him...I followed him around the house for about 15 minutes or so to get those shots {I had to come up with funny things to say in order to make him laugh to get that real smile because he kept asking me what in the world I was doing} because I KNEW he wouldn't just LET me take his picture...I told him it was a surprise...

PLUS I wanted to give him some MAJOR PROPS and share something he gave me last month or so ago....that he took the time to pick out while he was away...I thought it was really special and neat for me...and I am completely in love with it! Plus...I think he perhaps just KNEW somehow for the past year or so I have been trying to accessorize better {even before I said it in my "Dress" post}...he knows me better than I do myself....anyway... my 1st jewelry box that I am completely in love with...plus Bobby says I have no excuse for "misplacing" my rings, bracelets, or necklaces...yes...I am one of those persons that has difficulty remembering where I put my personal items like my keys, wallet, etc...definitely someone who needs a key finder because I misplace my keys EVERYDAY not to mention I forget where I take off my jewelry sometimes too...for sure on my Christmas list from my hubby...which Bobby says completely baffles him since I am so organized with everything else in my life...well a little secret...cannot seem to keep my purse/diaper bag organized...partially where I lose my keys too...you never know which pocket they may end up:)

So here it is...it has so much unique detail I just love it so....it's a beauty...the detail is my favorite part...I just stare at it sometimes and still remember he gave it to me first thing Saturday morning after coming in town...and he lugged it home on the airplane just for me...thank you again my love!

Blessings from all of us...and for all of Bobby's family who may read this...hope you liked seeing him in his beard:)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

too funny.
i like my man scruffy also.
xo

Laurie said...

Okay, the jewelry box is simply beautiful! Good pick, Bobby! And you know, I like the scruffy stuff too- maybe he could compromise and do a goatee- I think that would look really good on him! He could try that before shaving the whole thing off and see what you think. :)