October 24, 2009

For the fam...

A little turtle in my pocket you may say...

since the very first day we were there...Miss Madison wanted to sit on this stone turtle every time we walked by it...and that was many of times we walked by it! The time was right one evening {in the evening the stones wouldn't burn her hiney} we stopped and took some time for her to sit on this turtle...she loved it until the stones well just weren't comfortable to sit on because they were "bumpy"...hence her face:)

As we were walking ~ another consultant stopped us...and said she knew just the thing our girls would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do...

Well we listened of course...and on the last evening we took a stroll to another resort within ours......and came to this spot where we could let little baby turtles go {just what she told us about}

Now my first thought...how neat...Madison will love it...next...Oh great...Hayley will try to grab every turtle there:)But this was Hayley...before we even arrived to the spot...gotta love umbrella strollers...this one is on its last leg though...she was out...completely out...Then I thought oh...GREAT...dinner's going to be fun tonight...you know the times where you KNOW it is coming...but nonetheless she looked adorable sleeping...we just let her be...so happy sleeping soundly:)
Anyhoo...we were waiting...and waiting....

So I got some sweet pics of Madison watching the waves our last evening there...she loved it...the sun was setting...the tide was changing...just perfect for the turtles...the little suckers were so cute ~ they had 4 small crates full~ ...pictures were difficult because they didn't allow us to use flash...and it quite dark during most...

Bobby was so sweet to let me do this with Madison...I know he wanted to...but like I said from my last post...really some bonding time with just Madison and I...I loved it...seeing her excited...seeing her smile...and seeing her hold that baby turtle...{that I had to explain to her...I asked her if she remembered how I picked up the toads to show her at home...she shook her head yes...well I said that is how you will need to hold this turtle...but very gently because it is a baby ~ her eyes just lit up...so excited}. She did great...she had to hold onto "MOON" for a good 20 minutes...pretty long time to explain that we couldn't let him go yet...but she did great!I got to tell you...what went through my head was...don't tell her that most and I mean MOST baby turtles will not survive due to predators...and will not be back in 20 years like they are telling us...{I was hopeful Madison didn't hear that part...because she remembers EVERYTHING literally...and I know if she heard that they were telling us they all will be back...I would have gotten "when" and "why" over and over and over again:)...for the next 20 years:)

I know...


That is pretty wrong, isn't it? {Couldn't help to think it though ~ just my realism...but I didn't want to ruin this sweet moment for Madison and myself together}...so I just joined in talking to her about the turtles and what they do...why they come back...

Personally...I love that she named him MOON...the actual moon was shining bright and just beautiful that evening...a perfect name...
And just before we let them go...those in charge...did a really silly dance to celebrate letting the turtles go...and off they went...Miss Madison looking down at Moon right before she let him go...one of my fav experiences with Madison that week.
And there he goes...right out to the water into the tide afterwards...and right when that happened...little Miss Hayley woke up screaming...oh I did predict this one...because she didn't know where in the heck she was...poor little thing...

Off to dinner we went...still with our little stinker...oh and dinner was FANTASTIC...yep...all Hayley wanted to eat was those stinkin' mini tubs of butter they bring out with bread...YEP...we really allowed {it was only one...I guess us justifying it in a way saying it was only one...we had to hide the rest}...we'll admit it...ever let your kiddos {well should I say the younger siblings get away with more than your 1st}...or maybe I just got more relaxed...hmmm....not proud of us doing that...just letting you know she did eat real food too...but all through us waiting for our meal...YEP she ate butter...and I'm okay with admitting it...because it kept her occupied since we forgot something to keep her occupied....because we were 30 minutes of walking from our room and a place just to grab food.

...honestly maybe not even 3/4 of a teaspoon of it she ate since we wiped it out as we snatched it away from her:)

The next day as we went through customs coming home into the US~ my oldest was asked questions from the customs agent...the same questions he just asked me...like 2 seconds before...YEP...and I prayed very hard...

that it wasn't going to be one of those times where Madison decides to make stuff up or say some untruths...among me thinking since when do 3 year olds get questioned...

Then as we walked through the last agent...we were asked if we still were glad we brought the kiddos...we were like ABSOLUTELY!!!! You know...this was our first vacation we didn't have to worry about a thing...it made me feel so proud to bring my entire family...because all of those late nights...my hard work {that I do love}...times of being away from them...it all become worth it when you see the results of your sweat equity and being rewarded with a trip for your family...{please know I am not doing a plug for what I do}

But honestly...the last day tears just welled up...at our last day at the beach...because I felt so blessed, grateful, thankful that I work for a company that not only loves on me with great people and all the other extras...but they also love on my family...and that is why we brought the kiddos...I wanted to show my girls just one thing...and yes even at their age...that whatever you are passionate about...go for it and do it well...the rewards are so worth it!
Blessings from us! ~ Oh and I have so many things to share very soon of recent projects too...so excited!

3 comments:

Amanda Bruss said...

I love it, You make it feel like I ws right there with you!!!

Laurie said...

I have really enjoyed catching up with these last few posts. Looks like your vacation was perfect!! The beach pictures were sooo pretty. I'm glad you all had a good time. :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad for you Martha that you have a job you love, that let's you be with your family, and that sends you on fab trips!!!

I'm also glad you didn't tell you little sweetie that the turtles probably wouldn't make it back...some things are better left unsaid :)

:) T