October 6, 2009

French Market shopping...and eating

French Market there we went! But before I go there...Friday evening Bobby and I went to dinner...we saw this photo on the wall...it just got our thoughts going...we sat there for a bit...talking about what couple would be us in that photo...and who was who for the other people in the picture with us....just kind of fun coming up with stories for what we thought they could be doing/celebrating...ever do that sort of thing?...

Although we did have plenty of time waiting for drink refills...{to me...I think that is why Bobby wasn't too fond of that brewery's "beer" since ordering his normal was out of the question there...me...I'm good with any glass of vino...conversation...my hubby...and well our meals were delish too...that is one scenario everytime I can say I have more patience than hubby...don't tell him I told you that though...he'll never admit it:)}...oh now...I'm getting all sappy for a second since it STILL matters to him that when we are out to dinner that he wants good service for me...(sigh)
Back to the picture now...

I'm a people-watcher...and if you haven't guessed from the post from my husband spying on the neighbors...he is more so than me:) I'm tempted to post that picture again...but I better quit while I'm ahead...it still makes me laugh...oh why not...I could use a little laugh for myself
So any guesses which couple we thought would be us...?

Sunday morning...the French market it was...and it was "french-tabu-lous" {just had to do a corny little saying there}...surprise Denisa was there making her famous crepes...definitely glad she told us she would be there...of course we had another...blueberry/cherry for me this time and Bobby got the Buckwheat {ham and cheese}...yum...but now we got ourselves into some trouble here...all I did was eat wonderful food this weekend it seems like...and I'm supposed to be at the beach the next week...geez...I tell you...I definitely eat better when hubby travels...
I seriously could eat every crepe filling listed on there...


While we just happened to be around all this fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, cheese...I decided to do some grocery shopping for the week...my parents said Hayley wasn't feeling tops and the last thing I like to do coming into town is grocery shop with a sick kiddo first thing in the morning...so I stocked up on wonderful fruit and vegetables for the week while I was there...


However last night...it was Dora chicken noodle soup for Miss Hayley...of course she wouldn't eat it or even touch it until I told her that "map" was in there...Madison ate right away...so we had some fresh garlic bread...fairy trees {aka broccoli}...because you know if we call it broccoli it won't get eaten...because Tinker Bell eats those you know...cauliflower...well those are the white fairy trees that Tinkerbell loved before she got her calling from "whomever" she was...maybe the "mother fairy" {Bobby would know...he actually sits and watches the movies with the kiddos}...OH and yummy apples paired with "Fiore de Sardegna" cheese {in the picture but looks like part of the plate}...Madison just devoured it {and so did I}...speaking of which...last nights dinner may look all too familiar for this evening too...HA!
Fresh markets are the best!...but now I feel obligated to cook this week...darn...:)...I never get the urge to cook when hubby travels for some reason...

Blessings from me to you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh Martha, I hate to tell ya, but I don't think you'll have any trouble fitting into that bathing suit...you're so gosh darn skinny! I'm sorry I missed the buckwheat crepes, but church obligations called. I'm glad you and Bobby had a good weekend :)

:) T

Kasey said...

I think you are my new best friend.
I live at the french market every sunday..{you know..i gotta stock up on healty FRESH vegies for the kids right?}
your package is on it's way...
xo