September 10, 2009

Back to School...

Back to school was for Madison Wednesday...(Hayley starts next week...I know a bit later than everyone else...and by the way this post took 2 days to complete...the pictures would NOT upload...for some sort of reason...ever have those moments where you feel like tossing your computer? well...I did {well that is..I sure felt like it...didn't actually}...)

...and oh Madison looked cute as ever...bright and early and ready to go in the morning...I think I was more excited for her...because I know she LOVES it there...and her friends...she is a little social bug!

It feels like I had been waiting all August for school to start for the girls to have those regular times/days that I can get some things done...but then as I dropped her off and was walking out of the building...tears started to well up a bit...I was looking forward to it...but it is so hard at the same time...my mom came with me to drop Madison off which was neat to have her a part of...
Some moments before school started...
As we were waiting for the doors to open...one of Madison's very BEST friends arrived...she gets so excited to see him...after all they are at school together, our mom's group together, and church together...their friendship is sooo very cute and they just play so well together! Her conversation started right away with Brenton...she thought it was so very cool he had a Diego backpack and she had a Dora one {unplanned of course...but how funny is that?} It was so darn cute that we had to get pictures of them together:)
Then there was my mom saying "Don't cry" as we left...just because if I did...she would start crying...but it was neat to have "Mena' as my girls call her with us on Madison's first day of school. As we got in the car {Hayley starts next week}...Hayley points to Madison's car seat and says "May"..."May"...{that is how she says Madison's name right now...which is funny because she says "strawbah" for strawberries...that's a sidetrack, I know}...but it kind of melted my heart a bit...I wasn't quite sure how Hayley would do without sis but you know what she seemed just fine until the afternoon...as soon as we got home...I think she relished in the fact she didn't have to fight with sister over the bracelets...because she had them ALL on her wrist:) as soon as we got home...
The best part was that when I picked her up she said "I missed you Mommy" after I told her I missed her too...that just made my day...and she always proudly holds up her artwork...

Eventful day as after school we went to my Dad's football game...so fun to see my Dad coach again since he has gone back to that after retiring... Bobby met us there and the girls ran around like wild women (maybe I should say Hayley did:)...see the dirt all over her and in her mouth...she was even doing quite well drinking out of a water bottle all by herself...the occasional spill where it scared the wits out of herself with the cold water...but it is crazy those little moments you see your kiddos growing up.
Madison enjoyed seeing her Papa on the field...my mom was cheering "Go Defense" and Madison corrects her in saying..."No...they are the Eagles!" It was just priceless...

Madison was a trooper all day long...she is back right where she loves it...you can tell she enjoyed school and back to the schedule and routine like her momma...
I knew it was a big day for the girls so I made a sweet for my sweeties...we enjoyed some cupcakes together when we got home...the girls & Daddy loved it! Madison said..."You made these for me Mommy?!!!" {sorry the football pics and cupcake pics wouldn't upload}

Back to school time it is...I am beginning to embrace fall now that school has started...
Blessings from all of us...

3 comments:

Kasey said...

what a cutie Martha!!!
xo

Angela Harris said...

Oh my goodness! Madison is such a model with the camera on her! Too cute! She loos completely ready!

Julie said...

Oh my. I just love the story and pics on this post. Oh, and Hayley's face with the dirt on it is priceless.